What random things have you fed your fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I have given my fish steamed asparagus and fresh cucumber...they really love the asparagus a lot...get aggressive with the cucumber though...

BMorgan

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
Northern California
Well one time I was cleaning the glass inside the tank with a yellow sponge like deal and my emerald crab grabbed a hold of it and ripped a big chunk of it off and ate it!!

...He died not too long after that...
Hmmmm..... :uhoh:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Nothing strange myself, but I almost freaked out the first time I saw a buddy feed his aggressive FW tank "live pinky mice" and hotdogs. Oscars munched them down real quick. Ewwwwwww.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
just gave my apple snails some peices of asian pear (those yellow apple looking things at the grocery store). they noshed on them a bit, but i have yet to find their favourite veggie/fruit, one they'll go apes**t over.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
We used to feed the tadpoles catfood... (The dry kind). The fish would occasionally end up eating some too if it floated out into the deeper part of the pond and away from the water-weeds.

Fish love ant eggs too... I don't know if any type of ant-egg will do- we used to dig up the common black ant and drop their eggs in to the pond. The occasional ant would end up going in the water with the eggs... the fish didn't seem to mind.

veedubdrouin

FISHNERD
Apr 30, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I occasionally feed my rainbows cucumbers, peas, and this week mosquito hawks!

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
Peas, cucumber, mediteranian vegatables (Oh i love them so much :drool: ), greens (left over from a roast :D) lettuce. I once fed my adult male dwarf gourami cherry shrimp, but that was an accident as I didnt think he would eat them as the fell to the bottom out of the bag... Ooops. I moved the new ones into another tank now :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store