Assassin Snails... All you need to know and more- Discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
A very good article Sounguru!! Lots of information and of course***great photos***!! Thank you for posting it on AC!!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
No problem at all.

Jag1980

Got Plants?
Aug 18, 2008
Marysville, Wa
Are Assassin snails heavy poopers like Nerites are?

I have 2 Nerite snails in a 10 gallon tank and the amount of poop in the tank is unbelievable and it's big like a cat. Once the poop is layed it's there forever until removed by cleaning the tank. I don't even feed the snails, their food comes from whatever they are finding on the glass, I tried feeding them algae wafers, but they never eat it.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Nerites because the mess is so large.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Are Assassin snails heavy poopers like Nerites are?

I have 2 Nerite snails in a 10 gallon tank and the amount of poop in the tank is unbelievable and it's big like a cat. Once the poop is layed it's there forever until removed by cleaning the tank. I don't even feed the snails, their food comes from whatever they are finding on the glass, I tried feeding them algae wafers, but they never eat it.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Nerites because the mess is so large.
To answer your underlined question, no, they are not. I'd treat them as similar to neon tetras.

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Lupin is right I don't think I have even noticed Assassin Snail poop anywhere....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store