What is a 9-10" common Pleco worth?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Just what the title says. I think I need to rehome my Lenny. What would be a good price to ask to assure a vested interest in his well being?

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
That was what I was thinking, $15 or so....

Kristina

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
But much less at LFS, if you go that route it's a 1/4 to 1/3 what they can expect to sell it for. Takes a while to sell the big commons so it's fair

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
if its a common I would offer it as a free rehome personally

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Thats a large pleco - How long have ya had him and ya $15 sounds right

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
if its a common I would offer it as a free rehome personally
If someone could absolutely convince me that they would give him a good home, I would offer him for free. However, doing animal rescue for 14 years has taught me that there are people out there that will snap up anything that they can get for free, whether they can care for it or not. Therefore I almost always charge a rehoming fee.

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thats a large pleco - How long have ya had him and ya $15 sounds right
Not too long, he was about 6" when I got him. He was being kept with several goldfish in a ten gallon :eek3:

Kristina

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Not too long, he was about 6" when I got him. He was being kept with several goldfish in a ten gallon :eek3:

Kristina
Wow! Does he suffer from stunting? Glad to hear you rescued it from the unhealthy conditions.

For other than fish, I always ask a rehoming fee and demand the name of their vet. If I don't get a favorable reply from their vet or if they don't have one, they don't get the pet. For fish, I only let them go to people I know or comes with recommendations from others.

I wonder how much it would cost to ship? In my area it would go for $15-$20.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store