OH. MY. GOSH.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
HOW can someone do this to a fish? HOW?! I found him at a garage sale.

In this:

So I quicker than quick transferred him into my bathroom sink to get him in some nice, clean warm water. He kinda sat there for a few minutes, and then started swimming about! I chucked in a couple pellets and the poor thing practically took my fingers off!

The Mug!

Typically, I would just use my normal method of clean, warm water, water changes, and love. Does anyone else have suggestions? Im sure his colors will brighten up beautifully once he's healthy! He's quite skinny as well. Should I try and give him a bit of frozen worms? Or stick to pellets to get him to a healthy size?

Last edited:

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
:jaw::jaw::jaw::barf: I think THAT is the WORST container I've EVER seen a betta in!!! Hopefully he won't die from shock after being transfered into such clean water. Sometimes they get so used to the nastiness, they can't handle a sudden switch. You would have done better to drip acclimate him, but whats done is done. At least you got him away from those people.

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
I guess I panicked. I wanted to get him out of that water as fast as I possibly could. As far as the people, I pulled a crazy on them, and they gave him to me free saying that "that was how the water was in his vase! the person at the pet store said we never had to clean it!"

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Holy crap! I sure hope you didn't pay anything for him!

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
What's bad is I saw one of those cups in the store that looked about like that.
I hope he makes it. Sounds promising if he's eating good.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
poor lil guy. Glad you got a hold of him.

Zebulon

Allergic
May 9, 2007
At the Bottom, gilling rapidly.
Good news for one fish, and a generous save, but more bad news about the state of our hobby. People still have no clue and the people making the money don't know anything either.

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
I got rid of the cupwater. Didnt even think of testing it. He's a sweetie though.

He allowed me to cradle him in my hand a bit underwater to get a few finnage photos for the damage. Im thinkin tailbiter perhaps.

And those WERE taken underwater. lol. Doesnt look like it at all. Little dude get wriggling around.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
^aint that the truth...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store