Is it a "BUILD" if there is no actual building involved?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
After 8 weeks waiting for it to arrive, I finally have the beginning of my pond! I ordered an 8' round, 2' deep galvanized stock tank from the feed store the beginning of MARCH, and it finally came in this weekend. We just came back from dropping it at the spray-on bedliner dealer...I am supposed to have it back by Friday...and then I can get to the good stuff!!! Yea!!
Can't say the rest of the family is all that excited, but I have been running around rubbing my hands together like a mad scientist all day.

It's all experimental, but I am really excited about seeing how the bedliner works as a sealer/liner for the tank. I can't have the big pond I want just yet...(funny, we could afford the '67 Firebird, but not a big hole in the ground...maybe I could seal it up and grow fishies and lilies in THAT!) so this is my baby to keep me out of trouble for a little while at least. Ordered a few lilies, and they should be here within a week or so, too.

This weekend I am going to see if I can figure out how to run the bubbler from the pump up through a pot to make a bubbling fountain for my tub. Got no idea what I'm doing, but at least I get to play in the water again!! :clap::clap::clap:

Sorry to ramble on...the family is tired of listening to pond plans already, and I haven't even turned on the hose yet. Just wait...it'll only get worse!:evil_lol:
Jen

BadFishPa

AC Members
Sep 19, 2008
Its great to hear someone enjoying the hobby,alot of times it about sick fish or aggression issues..have fun and feel free to tell all..

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Got the tank back from the liner folk, and now I have to wait 24 hours for it to cure fully before I can add water....wait...wait...wait...

wait...
wait...
sigh...

Jen

IMG_0414.JPG IMG_0419.JPG

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
good luck!!!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
According to the person who applied it, it is completely fish safe when cured...(?) He raises koi and tells me it will be exactly like a rubber liner. Maybe, or maybe not...I am going to fill and drain it a few times anyway, and it won't get any fishies until the middle of June, when the plants have had a chance to get big enough to provide some protection, and any nasties are done leaching into the water.

Fountain plumbing 101 today!!!!

Jen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store