If you have not seen ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DButikofer

AC Members
Apr 23, 2009
Go to a ******** and look at their saltwater tanks. You will see a wide variety of marine disease. Absolutely appalling the state of their setups. Multiple tanks on one central filtration system, if one tank has it they all do. But don't bring it to the employees' attention, they get very angry. I guess this is more of a rant than an actual concern that can get attention but I can't believe anyone would buy fish from anywhere with livestock in such a terrible state. And it wasn't just one but two of these establishments that had this problem, I'm just shocked, but like I said if you want to learn what ich is here is a sure fire way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I am guessing it is a rant on a large chain pet store. These types of rants pop up now and again, and all that can be said is it is a minimum wage job that get people with no knowledge or desire to learn get hired into and are put in charge of aquariums at places were tanks look bad, and it shows, where as other stores by the same name may have 1 employee who is actually passionate about aquatic animals and keeps their tanks maintained well. There just can't be a general statement about large chain stores and pet care because each store is run by humans, and each human is going to act differently and have different passions towards certain pets. I know one large chain store a block from me is heavily geared towards dog products and they have slowly been phasing out some aquatic products, because the store manager is a dog lover. There was actually one large chain store in San Diego a few months ago started carrying ORA corals as a test bed store and it was a huge success, but the store manager is heavily into reef tanks, so while it may work for that store I can't see it working at all stores by the same name because of the care level required.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store