whats the deal with discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
from what i see, they are just a sideways frisbee that just sits in one spot all day. kinda boring arnet they? or are they an aquired taste such as limburger, warm beer and dark coffee

forsure

AC Members
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
joe seems to be the gold medal man with the discus. joe and his famous Discus. Tank he used to be 80gJoe, and now he is 125gJoe. What if anything, were you before joe? What is your future name and volume? Joe is a celebrity. We should have an honorary day to celebrate the Joe and his gallons of aquatics.
hip hip horay! 3x.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
If someones' Discus just sits there all day, they aren't providing a good home for them. Or, they bought sick Discus...

There's tons of info on these fish that many call --- Kings of Aquariums ---
One website that specializes in them is www.simplydiscus.com

There are a few "loose cannon" fanatics there, so be ready and thick-skinned for severe criticism. Overlooking those types, the info is really good and thorough.

That's not the only good website that has Discus the spotlight, there are many others and lots of good personal websites..

Last edited:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Thanks forsure! :D

By the way, there are some excellent German Discus breeders. I've seen some of their websites but can't read German.

Here's a recent pic of one of my eight Discus...

Last edited:

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
What's the deals with Hans? It seems that most of his posts seem to be putting down different kinds of fish. This is at least the 4th post of this kind.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Go figure....

Naaa, don't do that.. .... ...

:D

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
For me Discus are a serene, stately fish that only add to the overall relaxing effect of my planted tank. That they are breathtakingly gorgeous just adds to the equation- living art IMO.

They are not the best personalitied fish I have- the Goldfish rule in that respect. But in the "grace with beauty" department they win hands down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store