DIY spraybar for HOB?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

serissime

second-guessing
Nov 24, 2008
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever made a spraybar for a HOB. It will either be AC50s or Eheim Liberty 2041 and/or 2042. (Depends whether I get the Eheims from a sale, I think)

I'm not very good at DIY so if possible, I need a Keep It Simple Stupid solution. This project isn't critical but I'm really curious if I could do it. :help:

ibr3ak

I Eat Fish
Dec 15, 2007
Brooklyn, An Why See
You'll need pressure to get any significant use of a spraybar, which hob's lack. You can hang a a pvc pipe on the lip of an hob (with an opening the size of a lip), drill some holes in the pvc and let the water flow through it and cap off both ends, but the flow would be pretty weak. Kinda like this (looks half assed and no guarantee that it'll even work, but if you've got free time and materials mind as well try):

Untitled.jpg

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
A spray bar on a HOB can be done but just isn't effective. You would need a pump to empty the filter and give you the pressure that would make it worthwhile. It certainly wouldn't be cost effective.

If you are not a good DIY'er, I would recommend you start with an easier project.

Last edited:

serissime

second-guessing
Nov 24, 2008
okay :) thanks for the input guys! I was mostly just curious. I learned something :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store