Clownfish help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jvwash

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,

Vincenzo, one of my False Percula Clownfish, is not eating and has been for the last few days swimming in the same low spot of the tank. I've had the fish just over 2 and a half years.

He (she) has a spot(looks like a bruise of some kind) on her side. it now is swimming at the top of the tank and is swimming in small circles every so often. she is not eating either. all other fish are fine eating and such.

All levels of tank are good. plenty of flow. (Ecotech marine) I mix all my water. Tropic Marin pro reef salt.

29 gallon reef -
2 ocellaris clownfish, flame angel, six line wrasse, lawnmower blennie, sandshifting starfish, 2 emerald crabs, blue hermit crab. 4 turbo snails.

xenia, zoas, leather coral, finger leather coral. mushrooms, Aussie Acan lord, pink stylophora. feather dusters.

I will post pictures.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

DSC_0125.JPG DSC_0127.JPG

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
Sorry your fish died :(.
If I had to take a guess at why it died the 'bruise' looks like a serious bacterial infection. The way its red and 'puffed' looking makes me suspect that. Possibly caused by a small injury that got infected, or something along those lines. Unless you had some specific antibacterials and got it early it was probably untreatable. Just my thoughts anyway.

Your tank looks great BTW, and if your other fish all seem perfectly healthy it could be a freakish one off thing.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Sorry to hear about your fish. I hope that all is well with the rest of your tank buddies. Good luck.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
It appears the fish had Brooklynella, which would explain the quick death. Fish are also prone to getting bacterial infections with Brooklynella. Sorry about the loss, in any case.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Sorry about your loss as well, always hard to lose a long time pet like that. As a followup question Amph, is that contagious and should the OP be worried about their other fish?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
It is fairly rare in other fish, IME. I've only really seen it in clownfish, but potentially many fish can get it.

sue711

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
But JVWash had the fish for over 2 years in his tank...is it possible for it to get Brooklynella after living happily in his tank for 2 years?

kamrinjacobs

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2010
Sorry to heard about your fish,I have to say that ,If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store