I wish I had a bigger tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shanna123

AC Members
Apr 17, 2009
Trying to finalize my stocking plan has been crazy! I keep going back and forth and back again. I've posted it seems like 100 times on here about stocking and still am not finalized. I'm still very confused about bioload and such, so her goes. My tank is still cycling, so I'd love to get this finalized for when it's done cycling. (disclaimer: Yes, I know I am fish in cycling and it's not good. I wish I knew about fishless when I started.) I have a 29 gallon.

5 cherry barbs - not flexible, already have them
4 x-ray tetras - also already have them
2 corydoras
2 pearl gouramis - maybe just 1? I would feel bad that they would be lonely, or scared
2 blue rams - maybe just 1? Same as above.
Possibly a school of phantom black or glowlight tetras if I can get one of each the gourami and ram?

So hard to decide. I also LOVE all the live bearers, but I don't have the desire (yet) to take care of fry. I have a feeling I'll end up with a few tanks sooner than later.

Last edited:

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
how big is the tank?

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
Maybe I missed it, but I read it twice... what size is the tank?

Jinx

Last edited:

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
agh yea thats limited haha. Blue rams are my favorite fish, and i have a 20 gallon just for two of them. They are very delicate fish that need nearly crystal clear water and very acidic PH. They are prized though for being very freindly with other fish.. what im doing is kind of bad.. they are still cichlids and territorial so if you want 2 you need a 30 gallon but meh o well. They like a large variety of foods and they dont eat vegetables from what i hear.. havent tried on mine yet. They also like lots of plants and caves... they are WELL worth the hassle though.. thats 2 my cents

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
they are not nearly as territorial as other cichlids though, just with other blue rams

shanna123

AC Members
Apr 17, 2009
hmmm....so could I get just one ram? I read that when they breed they get very protective over the eggs and that 2 males would spar. So I'm thinking just one if it won't get lonely and scared.

Fish-Addict

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England
Real Name
Sam
Bump up the corys and if you wanted to have livebearers then you could get all of one sex, but I would reccomend getting all females as males can be a bit fiesty depending on where you get them from :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store