Kissing Gourami's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishmaniac

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
South Dakota
Visit site
Bought some really interesting fish today. Kissing gourami's. Very interesting to watch. There isn't anything like fish that make out :) Anyone else out there have any of these fish?

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
i kept those before,don't keep 2,they will fight,they fighting when you see them kissing,if there is enough space,they will keep to their territory,they are also semi hardy.

TeaPea

AC Members
Aug 26, 2002
Brightwaters, NY
When I was first looking to set up my aquarium I wanted a pair of kissing Gourami's, they are so cute! Only problem for me was they grow up to 12', way too big for my 29G. Maybe someday...Enjoy them!

crenwelge

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
the size this is a problem, I have two and they do kiss on a regular basis but nothing really bad. They also love to with a lot of plants and don't clean the algae off the glass because they will eat it.

nato435

AC Members
Oct 22, 2002
Fresno, CA
My buddy has a 2 in his 40 gallon tall aquarium. When I've been around they don't seem to bother one another. He tells me he hasn't seen any problems either. I guess maybe the extra 10 gallons gives them the room they need to establish their territory..? Although I did notice they were within fairly close proximity of eachother when I've seen them.

Good Luck.

-Nato

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store