overflow kit from LFS for reef ready tank ....50$ ripoff?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jisaac

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
im getting ready to buy a 75 gal RR tank and the lfs insist that i need the "overflow kit" that All Glass sells for $50.00
it seems like all it includes is some pvc pipes to go to the sump , a sponge used as a "prefilter" ( not necessary i think) and some sort of a water level like a toilet bowl has to shut off water when its full . is this kit necessary or is the lfs full of bs....can i make all this stuff myself via home depot like i suspect? thnx

JohnMemorialHS

Speed Demon
Apr 15, 2001
Madison, WI, USA
If you buy the pre-drilled 75 gallon tank, it's nice to just use the over-flow kit All Glass sells, just because it would be much more convenient than getting the pipings and all yourself.

jisaac

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
Slipknottin:
are these all parts that i can get at the local home depot...lfs says that i could never find a bulkhead fitting for an aquarium at a hardware store--the only place would be a plumbing factory and he says the bulkhead would cost as much as the AGA kit.
:confused:

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
bulkheads you could find at a pool supply store...

if you would rather order everything in one place, try ordering from www.savko.com

It will be cheaper, quieter, and more reliable than the AGA kit.

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
Do not buy that kit its a waste of money,
I have a 125 aga and put in a durso standpipe with no problems, you can get the bulkheads at many stores for $5 a piece or less. Save your $50
t

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store