Some Pics Of The Planted Tank, and Mbuna Tank (in progress)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Here are some random pics I snapped today... one is of my planted 55g that is in progress.. I am letting it grow out and then im gonna do a big trim and add some driftwood and dwarf hairgrass.

The other pics are of my 55g Mbuna tank that I just switched over to sand

I havent added all the rocks yet-- they are sitting in a bucket

SORRY MY PICTURE TAKING SKILLS SUCK... AND SORRY FOR THE DIRTY GLASS/ACRYLIC

THESE ARE NOT SHOW TANKS (yet).. I just wanted to show their progress

SDC11504.JPG SDC11502.JPG SDC11491.JPG SDC11488.JPG SDC11495.JPG SDC11497.JPG SDC11505.JPG SDC11498.JPG

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Oh yes... suggestions and comments, and constructive critisism are ALWAYS welcome.. I dont get butthurt over peoples comments.. I take them into consideration

biggie357

AC Members
Dec 18, 2008
i like the planted tank but its a little too green. find some rotala or red cabomba or ludwigia and seperate it into a few bunches. I think it would really look nice. Maybe some large pieces of driftwood that would kind of "fill in" the middle of the tank.

Looks great as it is though! lots of potential

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Mumba tank: rocks rocks rocks! Do that and you'll see some REAL color come out of those beauties! They need some turf to fight for and defend- as well as woo the ladies to! ;)

Very nice planted tank! I'm having a tough time getting my plants that healthy! You take good care of them! Your cichilds look very happy and healthy too! :D

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Mumba tank: rocks rocks rocks! Do that and you'll see some REAL color come out of those beauties! They need some turf to fight for and defend- as well as woo the ladies to! ;)

Very nice planted tank! I'm having a tough time getting my plants that healthy! You take good care of them! Your cichilds look very happy and healthy too! :D
I have a whole buttload of rocks that go in there lol... I just switched out to sand and I havent got a chance to replace them yet (like 23 hours ago)

I will post a new pic when I get the rockwork back in

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
i like the planted tank but its a little too green. find some rotala or red cabomba or ludwigia and seperate it into a few bunches. I think it would really look nice. Maybe some large pieces of driftwood that would kind of "fill in" the middle of the tank.

Looks great as it is though! lots of potential
good idea on the red plants.. I finally have enough light to grow them now

I acctually have 1 in there.. but its hidden under the wisteria forest lol

and I am looking for some decent wood as well-- but I dont feel like spending a lot of money on wood.. so I need to go look at the lake or something

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
lol! I see- good time to snap a shot of all the guys out and about! I do the same thing lol. Would love to see your rock work! :D Sand is so much nicer to build on. Feels more sturdy.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you could start up your 'woodworking', lol, in the planted tank by putting that piece you have in your mbuna tank into the planted, once all your rock is back in the mbuna tank. might be able to stand it up 'stumplike' and have ferns or some such growing off it in no time!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
you could start up your 'woodworking', lol, in the planted tank by putting that piece you have in your mbuna tank into the planted, once all your rock is back in the mbuna tank. might be able to stand it up 'stumplike' and have ferns or some such growing off it in no time!
yeah I was thinking of that... but I think if I did that I would have to move the pleco too lol

I might just do that though-- he is a bit out of place with the mbuna anyway

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store