Fish JUST gave birth; HELP PLEASE!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zaabu2

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Michigan
Specs: 20g --> 2 Zebra Danios (F, F) 2 Guppies (M, F) 2 Swordtails (M, F)

I have no idea who the parents are, whether it is the swordtails or the guppies and how many there are.

I have no other tank to put the fry in. Right now they are hiding in the gravel. What will most likely happen? And if the outcome is bad, what can I do to prevent it? Will the fry survive in a bowl of conditioned tap water for now so that they are not eaten?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
If you can net them, put them in a cleaned and empty soda bottle or similar with small holes in and float in the tank. For food they will need finely crushed food or go out tomorrow and get some "Hikari First Bites". Simply add a very small pinch to wherever you have them living. You could also pick up a breeder net at the same time and then transfer them into it. Leaving them with the adults will likely have them ending up as food.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
If you have some floating plants ect, and if the adults are well fed, some will survive.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
if your tank is well planted i would just let them be.

unless you want quite a few fry!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store