!!Emergency please help!! Ich problems.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andy5268

AC Members
Jun 6, 2001
Basking Ridge, NJ
Hi i have a well established tank, been up and running for years.

to my shock ijust found that i have ick and some of my fish have stopped eating and are behaving oddly.

I added the rid Ich last night but have no more, what i do have is Jungle brand fungus Eliminator says it takes care of:

"cotton Fungus" columnaris
"red sores" furunculosis
"grey skin" costiasis
"fish bloat" dropsy
fin and fish rot.

Problem i have is i am snowed in and can't get out (not that any place would be open anyway).

Can i use this?

Dahlia

AC Members
Sep 3, 2003
South Carolina
www.livejournal.com
It won't treat ich, but if you have regular table salt then you have an ich treatment available to you. If you have carbon, use it to remove the rid ich you used already. Then follow this link to see OrionGirl's advice on how to use salt to cure ich. You will want to raise your tank temp somewhere between 82-86 F depending on if the fish you have can tolerate the heat.

Dahlia

AC Members
Sep 3, 2003
South Carolina
www.livejournal.com
As a side note, if some of your fish have stopped eating and have other symptoms of illness, your water quality might be to blame. If you have test kits, test for pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. If not, I suggest doing a 30% water change and vacuuming the tank well before you begin your salt treatment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store