elephant nose eating habits

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

altabc

Feb 8, 2009
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Some of you may remember that I posted a thread re. introducing a Peter's Elephant Nose to my tank only to have it die within 48 hours. The owner of the LSf where I purchased it was mystified, and promised to replace it at cost. Well, he did. He brought in two fish, did not list them as for sale, and would not release one until he felt they were eating properly and all. I think that he did everything he could to make this work. I chose my fish last Saturday.

Wow! What a difference between the fish I had before, and the one I have now! Appetite? Look out. This guy likes to let me know when he's feeling peckish. There's the rub.

This is my observation....Fish feels hungry and starts to root about bottom of tank. I introduce blood worms. Fish takes two or three worms and toodles off. Dither fish move in and eat remainder of meal. ( Memo to self. Feed more peas).

How often do I need to feed this guy? Does he require several small meals/day, or is he just training me to feed him when he's got a little tummy rumble?

He is about 4+ inches long, is very active, and has a nice deep belly.

I would love your help here. Not a lot of info on this fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store