Is it possible for an anemone to reproduce??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kittycat

Registered Member
Dec 5, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
I think I have a little baby anemone on the floor of my tank! It's teeny- about the size of my pinky fingernail. It looks just like my other anemoe except it seems to have kind of "petals" under it. It looks just like a baby anemone. You can see the hole in the middle and the beginning of the purple tentacles.

The thing that worried me is that it isn't attached to anything and seems to be just floating at the bottom of the tank. It's even been turned upseide down a couple times. Is there anything I should do for it? My clown doesn't even know it exists.. it's way too small. Either my anemone reproduced or it came attached to a new rock I bought the other day.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Well, anemones will divide, but I don't know if that's what happened. Can you describe the "petals" in a little more detail? It sounds like they emerge from the base of the stalk.

It's more likely that it's a hitchhiker with the LR, but it's hard to say without pictures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store