FS Thai Micro Crabs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Thai Micro Crabs - $12 (Very limited)

Got in a few micro crabs available for sale. They're still new to me, so to my knowledge, these are not captive bred. I keep a few personally and from my observation, they're strictly nocturnal. I keep them with my SS-SSS Crystal shrimp tank. Ph of 6.6. I also have some in my snowball tank with a ph of 7.5. So as you can see, they will and can tolerate a wide range of water parameters. Temp at 74-78 degrees is what I keep them at. Again, my experience with them is limited as of today (June 1, 2009) but they do seem to be easy to care for. I don't even know what they eat but it does seem like they just pick through whatever micro-organism is available, like shrimp. It's unlikely for such a thing to starve to death. Even when you don't feed it. As long as your tank has been up and running for a month or so, it should be okay.

Shipping is $8.
You can combine shipping with snails too so check out this thread:

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195519

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
Buddy of mine got those when he was in port in thailand... oh, wait, wrong kind of crabs. Got any pics?

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
They're in the fish room right now, so I can't get pics yet. And the ones that are already in my tank are hiding. I'll be stopping by to pick some up later, so I'll snap a picture of those in the next couple of hours. Either that, or I wait till nighttime where I can snap pictures of the ones in my own tanks.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Pictures of the micro crabs! That's mini pellia they're standing next to. They're called Micro Crabs for a reason! They're VEEERY small. They're smaller than Tiny. :tongue:

IMG_1778.JPG IMG_1779.JPG IMG_1783.JPG

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
this may be a stupid Q., but they won't harm anything else??? my rcs have not established breeding wise yet and don't wanna lose anything else like my amanos.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Shrimp and fish friendly. I wouldn't be keeping them with my SS-SSS Crystal shrimp if they posed as a threat to shrimp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store