Simply Discus Hobbyist Challenge

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
It's been a while since I posted here, but I thought I would share a few photos of the fish that I am currently raising for the Simply Discus challenge this year. I was one of the lucky contestants selected to participate. The discus were provided by Kenny's Discus out of Daly City, CA who imports from discusforrest. Thanks to Al Sabeta for making these events a reality!

Enjoy!

20090528%20feeding2.JPG 20090528%20feeding.JPG DSC00626.JPG DSC00627.JPG DSC00634.JPG DSC00637.JPG DSC00638.JPG DSC00640fix.jpg

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
:drool: Wow ...

I must say your tank is fantastic as well...

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
what is the challenge?
Basically a breeder that is willing to donate 54 discus to the forum at no cost for the challenge is identified. That breeder (Kenny in this instance) sends the fish to Al Sabeta (SimplyDiscus.com). Al decides out of hundreds of applicants which will participate. Only 8 are chosen, plus a control. The fish are shipped to the contestants at their cost (about $100).

Once the fish are received by the contestants, they raise them using their own discus rearing methods for one year. At the end of the year the fish will be judged on shape, size, eyes, fins, and color development. Whoever has the best fish at the end of the year wins!

That's about it!

Best wishes!

Very gorgeous fish. Hope you win!
Thanks! Me too. LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store