Mafia #51 - Mafia Citizens - The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
Mafia #51 - Mafia Citizens

The Mafia control ACville. What was once a quiet ocean side town is now a sinner’s paradise. Gone are places like mee-mee’s pastry shop and judges boutique; in their place seedy strip joints and gambling houses.

The people of ACville are making great money. Apparently crime does pay! The mafia has recruited the whole town and everyone is enjoying their new found wealth. Seems like the average resident wishes to remain under mafia control. What has the Mafia done to them? Mafia money is just as green as anyone else’s. The town turns a blind eye to the Mafia controlling their town, but there is hope…

The Bala still stands in the town square. Fearless and weathering every storm, he stands and watches over the town. Even covered in mafia symbols he knows that change is in the air. A group of citizens are trying to break free from the mafia control and wish to return ACville back to it’s former days of old. Will they cause the town harm more harm than good? They wish to rid the town of the mafia, but at what cost?

Game Mechanics

1) Each game day, everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to lynch so and so.

a. You must vote each day, but you cannot vote for No One. If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely death.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. (I retract my vote on XXXX, and vote to lynch XXX)

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

2) Whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.

a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Towns Lynch
Rebels Hit
Untimely Deaths

(The Dons Investigation and Blackmail will be at the start of each day. The Rebels Hit and Investigation will be before nightfall. The results of the Rebels investigation and possible turn will not be until the following day.)

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use the random generator to decide which of those gets lynched.

3) If you do not vote daily, then you will pass away from some strange (probably embarrassing) illness that I will give you.

4) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ.

5) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

7) The Rebels win, when they outnumber everyone else.

8) The town wins if they lynch all the rebels.

9) If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all, I'll post it.

10) No one, unless authorized to do so, are to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than Internet chat room.

11) Do not edit your posts!

12) NO AFTER DEATH POSTS

Roles:

The Don will continue their control of ACville. The Don rules ACville and nothing happens without their approval. The Don wants to rid Acville of the Rebels. With the help of the wiseguys, the Don is able to control ACville with an iron fist. While they are not allowed to communicate outside of the thread, the Don knows whom each are and trusts them with their lives. If the Rebels hit the Don one the wiseguys dies, but if the Don is lynched a wiseguy will be promoted to Don.

Part of the Don's control is giving a citizen an offer they can't refuse. Each day the Don blackmails a player (not a wiseguy) and tells them who they want them to vote for (not a wiseguy). The wiseguys will be given the name of both the blackmailed player and the intended victim.

The Blackmail will be given an offer they can't refuse. It will be anonyomous. The player can make whatever justifications they want to, but their final vote for that lynching must be the Don's request or the player will be killed. If the player reveals to the town they are being blackmailed (no hints at all), then they will be killed – but if they are a rebel, they can tell the other rebels. The rebel still has to vote as the Don requests, but the victim will be placed in the witness protection program if lynched.

Wiseguys will do whatever they have to keep the Don in control. They know who the Don is, but not who the other Wiseguys are. They will know the details of the blackmail. One wiseguy will have the power to grant mafia protection. Before nightfall a name of a player (not the Don) will be submitted to receive mafia protection for the next day cycle.

Rebels will try to return ACville to the past. They don’t like being controlled by the Don and they sure don’t like all the flashy cars and fancy restaurants. They have seen the dark side of the mafia and wish to save the people of ACville from themselves. They work in the shadows from fear of Don and his wise guys. Before nightfall a name of a player will be submitted to hit and another player (not a Rebel) to receive witness protection for the next day cycle.

The Citizens will try to keep things like they are, they like the new cars and caviar. They don’t miss mee-mee's pastries or john's pountine. Who cares who is running the town - they are all crooks anyway. They support the Don and want to keep the money flowing in. As long as the Don doesn’t ask too much, they will do the dirty work. They maybe changed to rebels if a rebel is blackmailed to lynch them and they live. They maybe be offered Mafia Protection, Witness Protection or Bala Protection and return after being lynched.

Bala will watch over ACville and report to the town the events of the day (and night). Before nightfall a name of a player will be submitted to receive bala protection for the next day cycle.

Mafia Protection, if a player is named to have Mafia Protection and they are lynched then they will be pronounced dead, they will have to sit one game day out and be returned after nightfall. They will also be a Wiseguy. The day they sit out they will be given the wiseguy memo and be told who the Don is.

Witness Protection, if a player is named to have Witness Protection and they are lynched then they will be pronounced dead, they will have to sit one game day out and be returned after nightfall. They will also be a Rebel. The day they sit out they will not be allowed to communicate with the Rebels.

Bala Protection, if a player is named to have Bala Protection and they are lynched then they will be pronounced dead, they will have to sit one game day out and be returned after nightfall.

If a player is protected by both wiseguy and rebels then there will be no protection (no notice will be given). If the rebels protect the Don or a wiseguy there will be no protection.

Bala don’t forget the Bala! Bala can summon the Blue Mist. The Blue mist may do one or more of the following:

• bring back a dead player
  • turn a player
  • promote a citizen to wiseguy
  • silent a talkative player
  • give a player protection
  • give a player information
Bala will let the town know when the mist is coming and which event has happened.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread. IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. IN THE GAME. Do not take anything personally or make ANY personal attacks."

If anyone has any questions or input, please feel free to post. This is my first time modding. It is pretty basic except for the whole blackmail stuff - and that the most of the town is mafia.

Sending PMs, please wait until I say game on.

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
Mafia 51

Players

cjtabares
Dangerdoll
The Red Severum
Kashta
Rbishop
jpappy789
IceH2O
maverickbr77
jbradt
Coler
Luvbugz
Madcrawdad
bkw1982
ZSandmann
Plantling
Dirtydawg10
TheZigman

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Woohoo! The game is on (almost). :)

Last edited:

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
Game On.

First Nightfall Monday 9PM Eastern Time.

(being Day One I think we have plenty of time.)

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
If you did not get a PM, then you are a citizen...

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Woohoo is right... Kashta. I see that you edited your opening post 8 minutes after posting. Why?
Yep, I blew it. Messed up with my first post. I've been waiting for the game to start officially and got carried away. Posted that and then went back to JL's leading message which said at the bottom that it's not on yet. So I added "almost" in parenthesis to the sentence I'd posted.

I guess those who know me would call that a 'blonde moment' ... or, rather, two of them.. since that made it an edit too.

< hangs head in shame >

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Woo Hoo, game on!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store