Dog Faced Puffer/Stars and Stripes Puffer in Brackish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

munkeycraz

AC Members
Oct 23, 2008
I have been reading alot on differnt sites and asking in LFS,but cant seem to get a straight answer. I really fell in love with a dog faced puffer and his tankmate, a stars and stripes puffer. I have a 125 gallon tank and currently have 1 mono and 4 scats,red,green and 2 silver. Green spotted puffer, and columbian shark. I dont want to over stock, so I have another 50 gallon on hand.
Please let me know if anyone has ever cared for one of these puffers in brackish water.
Munkeycraz@aol.com

Thanks!! Shari

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I'm sorry you never got an answer to your Q & really hope you haven't gone ahead & bought more fish for your already fully stocked tank. A S&S requires a totally marine environment of 180g (they get quite large) & a DF also is a marine fish that requires 100g. All of the fish you are now keeping will eventually also require a very high end BW environment or better yet--SW, as you can add live rock & a protien skimmer for better filtration & le$$ water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store