inspired newbie wants to build a paludarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

agent10247

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
what's up guys? i came across this site because i was interested in setting up a paludarium for my Dad as a father's day present.

i have a 5 gallon tank laying around and an old coral rock decoration that i think i can convert and use in the paludarium.

here are some pics of the rock. can you guys give me some suggestions as to what i can add to it or customize it? i was thinking of maybe just putting little fish in the tank or maybe a newt or two.

here are some standing vertical pics:

or i can lay it down horizontally. i think i like the horizontal look.

sorry for the bad pics and long thread but what ideas can you come up with? i'm a newbie so please take it easy on all the acronyms and abbreviations. thanks.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
Good Luck! I love Paludariums... Never made one myself- but I'm curious how you do one with just 5 gallons- with a land area that wouldn't leave much water area.

Hopefully someone with experience can point to some suggestions.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Your really don't have alot of options as far as critters go for a 5gal, but you can never-the-less make a very interesting display tank. The user mellowvision has made an amazing 5gal paludarium, do a forum search for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store