Velvet?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Its the start of rainy season here. Noticed some of my severums seem stressed, their bars were all out about 2-3 days ago, yesterday , Saw one with white powder on him. Today another one. Caould it be velvet?

What i did was dissolve rock salt, I also turned on heater to 28 Deg and Added some melafix. Will salt be able to get rid of velvet?

I added about 1 tablespoon per 5 gallon salt. Is this enough?

I have an arowana and a pleco in the tank.

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
Don't raise temperatures until you know what's wrong; if it's bacterial you could make matters worse.

Any chance of some pictures?

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
Not really. Looks more like Chilodinella or possibly Costia. Really need some clearer, in focus pictures to be sure. Velvet is more yellowy, even metallic in appearance.

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
was looking for fish disease and it does look like costia,
Could it be from the new fish added? I added some true parrot cichlid about 1-2 weeks before this happened. weather also suddenly changed

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Hi,

Here are some more pictures, I tried to add salt to my tank to increase concentration, but noticed my arowana seems stressed and breathing harder, So i made a 20% water change . I also increased the thermometer setting to 30 Deg.

Any advise?

thanks.

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
really need help with this. :( after treatment with Azoo anti ectoparasite for 3 days as intructed in the box, some of my fish are still sick . don't know what to do now :(

any advise?

Its so hard to take pictures.
should i separate the affected fish? my tank is a 300 gallon tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store