got2envy's 125g reef...I've gone big...er

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
The upkeep on 3 larger tanks was too much for me as I also have a aquapod 24 and I work...alot
I had a 75g reef, 46 bow reef and the 125g FW and AP24 reef :22_yikes:
so here is my final large reef with less stress
Equipment:
125g RR
160lbs live rock
80 lbs Natures Ocean black reef sand
30g long sump with refgium 10lbs LR and Chaeto on reverse light cycle
ASM G2 skimmer
Mag 12 return pump
2 Maxi jet 900 with Sureflow Mods
Catalina Aquariums T5HO 6x 80w photo period is 9am to 9pm
bulbs are:
ATI blue +
ATI blue +
AtI aqua blue special
KZ fiji purple
ATI blue +
ATI blue +
Livestock:
Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
Leopard wrasse
Solorensis wrasse
Midas Blenny
yellow clown goby
Mandarin
Maroon Clown
3x false Percula clowns
yellow tail damsel
2x green chromis
yellow watchman goby
bi color angel
alot of blue legged hemits
3 large mexican turbo snails
astrea snails
pencil urchin
RBTA
feather dusters
Coco worm
a few random pix

a video

Thanks for looking!

Luvbugz

The Suicidal Townie
Apr 18, 2007
Indiana
Oh that is so pretty! Gorgeous tanks like yours make me wanna set up my own saltie.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Do eet! reef tanks are so interesting, something is always going on and you find new things all the time, it is very entertaining :D

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
:jaw:

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Looks great! Not that I expected anything less from you got2envy.. all your tanks always look great. :) :cheers:
Thanks Ace! Hopefully this will be my last hoo rah for a while, I was a bit sad taking down the 75g as it had been up for almost 2 years...it is amzing that all the fisg get along...the only fish that I did not add from the 75 was the sixline as I have my leopard and solar wrasse...sixlines can be the devil.
I appreciate the nice comment!

:dance2: Thanks!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Very nice looking. I am really likin' the black sand.
Yeah that black reef sand is great, just don't use Tahitian moon sand as it has magnetic particles that the mag float picks up and scratches the glass
Thanks DSR!
Where the heck have you been hiding girl? ;)
workin' :cry:
and working on transferring all my corals and fish from 2 tanks to one...haha that was a crazy weekend...I am tired of moving and transferring tanks :uhoh:
How ya doin' Greg?

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
workin' :cry:
and working on transferring all my corals and fish from 2 tanks to one...haha that was a crazy weekend...I am tired of moving and transferring tanks :uhoh:
How ya doin' Greg?
Well, my 90 is now being set in place and hope to have it up and running by the week-end. It's been a long time coming but now the time is close. Whew! I'll be glad when it's done so I can relax and watch it, between doing all the other things I have to get done soon. Remodeling is a big task in itself and that is just getting started.

I'll be posting photos in a new thread as soon as I get the thing up and running. I'll shoot as I go and then put all of them up. I'm waiting on one seam's silicon to set so I can move the sump into place. I guess I won't add sand to the sump, just a lot of rock rubble.

DON'T BE GONE SO LONG NEXT TIME!!! :thm: Your tank really looks nice!! ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store