Betta and guppies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I've read alot about betta fish. Had one for a week but it turned grey and sunk to the bottom of it bowl...that was weird, I think he was old when I bought him though. Anyway back to my point.
I've read that a male betta will do just fine in a comunity aquarium because they are only agressive towards each other. I'd have put my betta in my comunity tank but that was back when my tiger barb was still alive. Anyway, I was wondering if I put a betta in with my guppies would they fight? You see some of my guppies have the big delta tails so is it possible that a betta would mistake a fancy guppy for another betta fish?

Aquarius0015

AC Members
Sep 29, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
One of my hallmates reported that his betta killed off his beloved guppies and I do not think they were even delta tails. Based on his experience, I would err on the side of caution.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
I've kept a docile betta with some wild type guppies before but they didn't have fancy tails.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Oh. I tend not to pay much attention to things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store