Acei vs Synodontis Multipunctatus breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
The setup is a 120gal Tanganyika community tank - basically Substrate spawners..

Stock list

2 Lamp Cuadopunctatus.. breeding..
3 N. Lelupi.. breeding..
5 Alto. Comps.. not breeding..
4 N. Cylindricus.. trying to breed..
3 J. Dickfieldi.. not breeding..

6 Synodontis Multipunctatus..

The previous owner of the Syno's stated that these guys would breed / steal eggs with Peacocks all the time when he had them but since i have had them i really haven't had any mouth brooders in my 120gal about a year now for them to breed and steal eggs from.. So what i have done is stocked my tank with 6 Acei in an attempt to get the Syno's back in breeding condition.. Plus i have four more Acei coming next Tuesday.. for 10 total..

Question is this anyone here bred Syno Multipunct's with Acei or with another Mbuna species..

Thanks Mike AKA Pittbull..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I don't have any experience with Synos, Pitt; but I think it may work because IME, aceis are very prolific breeders and I have read about people having the same experience with the aceis.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
That's what friends are for, amigo Pitt! (It sounds like a song...hehehe). BTW, today I came home from a vacation week and a female acei is holding again right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store