WTB RCS or other shrimp in NYC area (pickup or delivery :D )

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

slipstreamv2

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Manhattan, NYC / Northern NJ
I'm wondering if anyone who has some RCS or other shrimp to sell in the NYC area. I know I can buy from people thru the AC classifieds, but I'd like to get them locally if possible.

Please let me know where you are (how close you are to which subway station), and price.

Also, if you know anyone who has RCS or other shrimp, it would be great if you could PM me their screen name so I can contact them.

Thanks!

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Win currently stocks RCS, right under their guppy tank. They do occassional run out, but their selection and health is much better than most LFS. The prices at Win are very decent compaired to others around the area, so take a look. They're priced at $1.50 each as of this posting.

Most members here sell RCS and are willing to ship. A good reputable seller would make sure that you get your shrimp in healthy condition, guaranteed. I was skeptical about purchasing online, but like pringles, once you pop, you can't stop!

I've purchased from several people online, and the experience has been nothing but great, check my marketplace feedback for the vendors that I've dealt with.

mellowvision is in Brooklyn, and he carries Crystal Red Shrimp, which is great for NYC tap water, as our water is very, very soft. I've been having trouble breeding RCS, as they require harder water that what we have in NYC.

Looks like you reside in NJ, which the water source would vary from that of NYC, as we get our water from the Catskills. Keep this in mind if you are looking to breed, or just keep these shrimp.

Shawn

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
You know, I think Win has been selling RCS at $1.50 for at least half a decade now.. that place just has great prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store