Multi-sectional Betta Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
i think that is surprisingly very neat looking! i would get like 80 dollar bettas from a farm and stock them each in those... would look incredible! i would say 5 gals minimum for each section and i dk about the filter

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
please do updates if you do it!

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
might want to put a black backing on the dividers to keep agression minimal and put a female in the fron of the flow so her hormones would get the males ready.. Also add some riccia or other floating type plant to serve as an anchor for bubble nests

Prbably have 2.5 gallons per section minimal, and maybe use a canister filter instead of a UG unless you have it reverse flow

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
5 gallons per section, minimum.

i wouldnt do a big undergravel filter

if each section is separated by glass, you'll probably have to rig some filtration setup where there are separate intakes and outputs all going to and coming from a master canister filter. or, you could have independent filters for each section.

if each is separated by mesh, then you could probably get away with one big filter, albeit with a diffused output and intake to one betta at either end isnt swamped with a huge flow. that said, you'll probably end up with something similar to the above.

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
No idea about filtration, but that setup looks sweet!

I would add some sort of floating plants to each division. Balance it out nicely.

Also, not a big thing, but the white really clashes with the black. If you could you should consider painting the stand.

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
Absolutely beautiful! I did several 20 g long and some 10 g tanks the same way a year ago or so. For the 10 g tanks I made just a slice in the mesh so I could use 1 filter and the outflow went to both sides. If it were me I'd go with an UGF for the tanks pictured. Man, they're awesome looking. Oh, and I had the white mesh and the boys didn't seem to notice or be bothered by their next-door males at all. 5 g minimum is a good size. I also put 3-4 Cardinals in each Betta section. In hindsight I'd have added 3-4 Pygmy Corys. Not sure how Pygmy Corys would do in a set up like what's pictured if it had an UGF though. They prefer more water flow than that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store