ABN Father's Day gift!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mtnhomedude

AC Members
Apr 2, 2007
Well last night about 11:00pm, I observed the female Short fin ABN swimming around a log hollow that the Long fin ABN male had been hanging out, The hollow is a small depression in the Mopani wood that was made for a plant, its about 2inches deep by 1inch wide. The male had claimed it last week as his own. The female checked it all out and looked like she was claiming it as her own. He was swimming all around looking like my brother at the "club", all excited and nervous!! the female then turned around, with her head poking out and was just wiggling away!! Every so often she would turn around and inspect her work. This lasted about 15 min. At the end he then chased her out, he then proceeded to do a similar dance,fertilizing the eggs. He then turned around and began to do his parental duty. In a couple of days Im gonna try and see if I can see the eggs and if possible take some pics!!
I have had the female for about 2 years and just got the male last week!!:)

BTW: Im already a Single Dad of 2 boys ages 3 and 6(autistic) HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

mtnhomedude

AC Members
Apr 2, 2007
Still at it...!!!

They are still dancing a round! Here are some pics!!
:thm:

S7302007.JPG S7302008.JPG S7302009.JPG S7302133.JPG S7302137.JPG

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Hey Happy belated Father's Day and congratz! Sometimes the female and male will roll around in the cave for a couple of days before the actual spawning takes place. She's been waiting a long time for a partner!

mtnhomedude

AC Members
Apr 2, 2007
Albino Bristlenose Pleco Babies!!!

After several tries, I finally saw the babies!!! The male had been running out to grab a bite and I would have to get a chair and stand on it so I could look down into the cave! But every time I did it was one thing then another!! First of all Kiddos (my Kiddos!!) kept getting in the way! Then I had to turn off water flow so I could see thru the surface of the tank! Then get a flashlight, oops forgot the camera! then the male would run back to the cave and block my view! Finally this evening I had everything set to go, I feed the horde of the tank, and the male runs out for a quick bite! I look down and lo and be hold, 10-30 little babies just swimming around the bottom of the cave!! Tried to get a pic but with a flashlight reflection it was impossible!!

So instead I give you a pic of my newest addition to one of my other tanks!!!

S7302431.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store