HELP!!!!! MAGGOTS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
HELPPPP okay so i just got back from my trip and i just got some new fish and my friend is a hobbyist so he put them into my tank and i told him step by step but i see maggots what should i do!!!! i bought them from a person here on AC not listing the name

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Pictures please, doubting they are maggots.

Kristina

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
I think you didn't wait enough time after u rescaped with the new sand to put ur snails and shrimp in, shrimp and snails are very sensitive about and ammonia spikes or newish tanks even though ur filter media is cycled u put new water in and the day after u put them in, just my thoughts but I don't know much about shrimp

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Could be nematodes, and both of those come in on plants, NOT fish. Flies can't lay eggs underwater, maggots are not a possibility IMO.

Kristina

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i would agree, planaria or some other aquatic yucky bug seems more obvious than maggots. i've never heard of maggots living underwater.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
If they were maggots- fish LOOOOOVEEEEE maggots! ;)

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
well they dont like my shrimp or my moss ball my moss ball died... its liek i took it out of the water to possible move it and then it was brown and like fell apart and everything in my hand it felt like a ball squishing in my hand

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if your moss ball was dying then that could have made your water quality go downhill, which would be a very nice environment for planaria to thrive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store