Help with sick goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

waltb2000

AC Members
Mar 20, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
I need help diagnosing a sick goldfish. I am in the process of quarantining it right now. The tank water is fine (zero ammonia, and nitrite, ph7). The fish's abdomen is bloated and he's rather lethargic. I thought it might be constipation. He ate a couple of peas yesterday, but does not appear to be getting better. Also, he seems to have lost his appetite, as of today. Any ideas on what it might be and how I can treat him? Thanks!

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
Hmmm...when you say he's eating, yet getting huge that would make one feel as if he may have Dropsy. This is a well known (and common) disease in which the fish gets bloated, becomes somewhat lethargic, and eventually stops eating. Usually by this step there isnt much more you can do to save the fish. :(

I am sorry I had to be the one to tell you that. Just in case I am wrong, I have included some links to common fish diseases for you to look over:

Diseases & Treatment of Goldfish and Koi

Common Diseases

Fish Diseases

Info on Dropsy

Good Luck! :)

fishdude

so i says to the guy....
Jun 11, 2003
winchester VA
Visit site
look at your fishh at diferent angles, does its scales seem to be sticking out if they do its dropsy but if not its constipation wich can be treated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store