TRANSFORMERS DISCUSSION THREAD: DONT COME IN IF YOU DONT WANT IT SPOILED!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iceeeyyyy

(っ◕‿◕)っ
Jun 19, 2008
rock in water
Anyone else go watch it yet, it was sweet but I honestly think the first one was still a bit better.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Visually, an awesome movie, but like everything else Michael Bay makes, all style no substance. Megan Fox and Isabel Lucas though... :drool:

arachnar

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
I like the first film for the most part but from what I've been reading it sounds absolutely terrible and lacks anything new or interesting and is super long.

What's up with the gold tooth on the twins, mudflap and skids, he really knows how to appeal to general audiences:barf:

twins.jpg

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
Haven't seen it, but looks like it will stink.

I tried watching the first movie twice and fell asleep both times. First time I tried it was a spanish bootleg (I speak Spanish at home), but prefer English, and the second time it was on the way home from Spring Break on the bus and I was quite tired. Maybe it wasn't all Michael Bay's fault, but still. I fell asleep twice.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I thought the first one was horrible, and they tell me it was the better of the two.

I'll be skipping the second one.

I hope producers soon realize that while special effects are cool and all, it would help if these movies would also have a storyline that actually got the brain working a little bit.

Last edited:

gorfre

AC Members
Jun 24, 2009
miramichi nb canada
well it sounds like to me you guys don't watch it the right way. all movies like this are mixed in a way that needs lots of power and big or lots of subs. the first movie when the autobots come to earth .i have 2 15's in ported boxes and when the autobots hit earth it will truly that the air out of your lunges. thats why the sound track is mixed this way to keep you interested

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
well it sounds like to me you guys don't watch it the right way. all movies like this are mixed in a way that needs lots of power and big or lots of subs. the first movie when the autobots come to earth .i have 2 15's in ported boxes and when the autobots hit earth it will truly that the air out of your lunges. thats why the sound track is mixed this way to keep you interested

You know why I hated the first one? for this simple reason. There are these transformer guys who need these glasses that are at the kid's house, because these glasses hold something that gives whoever has it power to control the universe. The freaken universe!!!

So you'd think that it would be pretty important to get these glasses before the bad guys do, right? I mean at that point, you do what you gotta do to get them cause if they get into the wrong hands, the UNIVERSE IS DOOMED.. . But what do they do, , the transformers get to the house, and decide that they need to hide next to the house cause if the parents see them, the boy will get in trouble. I mean, wouldn't it be safe to assume that saving the universe kinda overrides the kid getting in trouble ? I know they wanted to put some comedy into it and all, but come on! Silly things like this made me hate the movie.

The overal storyline was actually great, and if they wanted to, it could have been such a great movie... Instead, they used the cheap no plot route and messed it all up.

But that's just me.

oscarluvr

AC Members
May 31, 2008
Texas
i liked the first one and the second as well more action language and sexual innuendoes in 2 the twins were great however this morning i read some one was calling them racist caricatures, the sr7 thongs well what can i say i wont be getting any....lol

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I always go into these movies with the thought 'it's for the kid in us'

;)

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
You know why I hated the first one? for this simple reason. There are these transformer guys who need these glasses that are at the kid's house, because these glasses hold something that gives whoever has it power to control the universe. The freaken universe!!!

So you'd think that it would be pretty important to get these glasses before the bad guys do, right? I mean at that point, you do what you gotta do to get them cause if they get into the wrong hands, the UNIVERSE IS DOOMED.. . But what do they do, , the transformers get to the house, and decide that they need to hide next to the house cause if the parents see them, the boy will get in trouble. I mean, wouldn't it be safe to assume that saving the universe kinda overrides the kid getting in trouble ? I know they wanted to put some comedy into it and all, but come on! Silly things like this made me hate the movie.

The overal storyline was actually great, and if they wanted to, it could have been such a great movie... Instead, they used the cheap no plot route and messed it all up.

But that's just me.
They're movies based on a line of toys so I try not to get all War and Peace with the plotline. I think they are great for what they are, loud flashy eye candy to give you some time to forget the real world and relax. Some movies I go for a compelling story with real world significance and some I go to see things get blown up. Everyone needs their balance. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store