i just lost one of my percs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
I got a mated pair of percs two weeks ago and they were doing really great in quarantine, but when i went to feed them tonight the little one wasn't there. I looked around the tank and couldn't find him. I realized the powerhead which i had normally unpluged was on. My dad probably plugged it in to help. I unplugged it and he floated out of the intake :(
Im wondering now, will I be able to pair the remaining one with a different clown??

rdfriend

AC Members
Sep 9, 2007
Seminole, Fl.
It's quite possible. I have mated a pair of ocellaris and a pair tomatoes. Both times I added a smaller one to a tank where the larger one was already established, which I read may be key. Each time it didn't seem like they were going to mate up because the larger one would pick on the smaller but eventually, and not really that long at all, they became buddies. I think it was just a matter of establishing pecking order or male/female dominance.

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
I had a clown die the other day due to a coral banded shrimp attack. They'd been paired for over a year.

I bought a new one, they seem to have paired up within 24 hours, which has me totally shocked.

So, it's quite possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store