Freshwater Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cM iPro v3

AC Members
May 29, 2009
Hi im looking at getting a freshwater tank but not sure what i need can somebody list the things which i need and what are easy fish too keep i have been looking at getting a Arrowana but not sure if i should or i would like some sort of eel

suggestions please :D :cool-1:

Dec 20, 2006
Michigan
arrowana's get big. what size tank are you looking at?

cM iPro v3

AC Members
May 29, 2009
W=24 H=21 D=12 but not sure what i need for the setup and what fish too get i would like an arrowana but dont know how big they grow
What do you think?

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I can't think of any eels that would work in such a small tank. Do you already have the aquarium? You need a filter, some water dechlorinater and probably a heater unless you want to keep coldwater fish.
Have you researched how to cycle an aquarium and set up a new tank?

cM iPro v3

AC Members
May 29, 2009
is there anything else i need and im now looking at some Dwarf Puffers how big do they grow and do they need any special treatment or anything like that?

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
DPs stay small but they are not good beginner's fish. They are a challenge to feed. www.dwarfpuffers.com is a good place to research them. Your tank would be large enough to house several if you are up to the challenge.
I would really recommend an easier to keep fish to start out with. Guppies, Tetras, or just a couple of goldfish, for example.

abarilot

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
By the Beach!
Real Name
Armand
Before I buy any fish I do my research. I first figure out what the scientific name is (genius and species) and then google the name. If I find contradictory info or not much info I ask people about their experiences with that particular species. When I stock the tank I plan it out to where the tank won't be overstocked at the fishes maximum size. You have about a 25g tank so plan your future fish that wont out grow this tank, unless you plan to up grade.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store