Lake Monster - catching rare monster fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
At an artificial lake in Thailand, several of the world's largest and rarest freshwater fish lurk near anglers baited hooks - and some conservationists couldn't be happier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CfTribpiE

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
Great idea. $100 isn't bad. All those species in on pond you wouldn't want to eat those fish any way taste like poop I bet.

Go for the fish stay for the women.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I thought the arapaima was endangered and not allowed to be fished?
They are illegal to fish for in some areas in the Amazon but not all also they got fish farms for the arapaima. Liveaquaria.com actually sells them for the home aquaria.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Great idea. $100 isn't bad. All those species in on pond you wouldn't want to eat those fish any way taste like poop I bet.

Go for the fish stay for the women.
Yeah I guess. Some of those fish from what i had read years back are actually good eating to the locals where they originate from. Go for fish and stay for the women??? LOL sounds nice if I was into that ide go for the fish and stay for the fish LOL

Twistersmom

AC Members
Jan 17, 2009
Seems like fishing in a stocked pond would tank the thrill out of catching a rare fish, guess not though if people will pay $100.

Think I should move somewhere warm, build a pond, throw in some cool fish and retire.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
is that an iridescant shark at 1:58???

AngeTheDude

AC Members
May 22, 2009
I thought the arapaima was endangered and not allowed to be fished?
At the end of the video they said that every fish has to be put back in the lake.

This sounds great but I hope they don't keep the fish out of the water for too long!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store