FS Marble Crayfish / Marmorkrebs - Eureka CA - USPS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
Marmorkrebs are very interesting for a few reasons, one of which being that nobody actually knows where they came from, they simply showed up in a german aquarium shop.
More importantly however, they are all female and do not need a male to reproduce, this (combined with the fact that they are very peaceful to each other as well as to fish) makes it very easy to establish a colony of them.
They make excellent feeders for this reason, but are also very fun to watch in their own right, as they aren't as shy about coming out with the lights on as many crafish are.

Full adult size is generally around four to five inches, but six and three inch adults do show up from time to time. If you keep a lot of them in a small area they won't grow as large, generally 2-3 inches.

One thing to remember is that because they do not require a second crayfish to reproduce they can be extremely invasive if introduced to the wild, please be a responsible aquarium keeper and do not release or flush them.

Shipping is $8 for priority shipping (shipped monday morning), and $30 for express (also shipped monday, unless the buyer wants a different shipping day). Being crayfish these ship pretty well, i guarantee live crayfish on delivery for express, and half off replacements shipped via priority. (It is worth noting that i first received mind via priority and it was happy as can be)
These are mature adults, they will begin to reproduce within a month or two of arrival.

I have quite a few of these crayfish, if you want to buy more then one shipping for the second via priority is $4, and a third and fourth shipping is free. Via express mail shipping for the second is $8, third+ is $10 each.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
From what i've read, anything from ~40*f to ~93*f for breeding.

I personally have had them at ~73*f and they were very happy, and have had them at 55*f and they were very happy. Also in between there.
Right now they're in an unheated 29g, room temp varies with the season, right now it's usually 60-70, in the winter it's more like 50-60.
I haven't noticed any difference in their behavior in the various temps.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
how many do you have availiable? how often do they breed? what do you feed? and are small fish safe with them?

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
Lots, roughly one batch of eggs every month to month and a half, sinking goldfish pellets at the moment(they are very not picky) before that shrimp pellets, as far as i can tell yes.

I had one in with my Amecas while it grew from 2.5" to 4.5-5" and the only time it chased any of them (young amecas are ~.75", adults are 3-4) was when the amecas were trying to eat it's antenna. Beyond that it pretty much just ignored them.
I can't guarantee that one wouldn't try to eat one of your fish, but i would be surprised.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
cool. ive said this b4 but this is the cheapest ive seen them and i think im gonna get one. how fast do the babies grow and how big are the avarage brood sizes?

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I know it is something like 400-1000 eggs per brood :eek:

Kristina

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
when i get back from france i will most likely get one. dad wants some feeders. and are the ones your selling breeding size.

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
The broods are in the 20-40 range generally speaking, i haven't exactly counted, but there aren't that many. The larger the crayfish the larger the brood as far as i can tell.

I can ship anything from a small adult of ~2"(breeding size) to a 1/2" little character, buyers choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store