Cryptocaryon 1, me 0

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NewReefKeeper

AC Members
Apr 7, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Alas, marine "ich" has begun it's crippling defeat on my tank. It started with my yellow tang and spread onto my flame angel and 2 black & gold chromis. I removed them all from the display tank, gave them a freshwater dip, and quarantined them to a 10 gallon but alas, the stress + the disease has killed my tang (what's worse is he wasn't really mine to begin with, he was on "loan" from a friend who is redoing a tank.) The angel is not looking so hot now so I'm preparing for the loss sometime within the next 24 hours (although there's chance he might make it through, we'll see.) I've done several water changes on the display tank to A.lower the salinity (just low enough where the inverts can stand it) and B. remove any free-swimming parasites still in the water. I've also cranked the temperature up to 85 to help destroy some of the life cycle. I'm prepared for the loss of my fish but my question is, how do I know the display tank will be safe to add anything again? The life cycle of the parasite is approximately 21 days, so should it remain on QT for the next 21 days with only my inverts in there? (1 tiger brittle star and 10 hermits) Should I loose the rest of these fish, I will thoroughly clean out my 10 gallon QT and re-establish it for future purchases, but I'm still unsettled about the display tank. Thoughts, comments?

Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store