questions about leaving a tank fallow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
perhaps ick or something else,..
if left fallow without the clown, and blennie will what ever is in there live off of the snails? and what will it do to the bacteria on liverock? will it die off with out the same amount of ammonia from the fish?

i have heard 6-8 weeks, not sure what is going on but after my 1 clown died from? the one left had 1 white spot on its cheek,.. i thought it was sand as she is nesting,.. chasing out everyone from her spot,.. but it is still there 3 days later she was never affected by what ever killed the other and made the blennie gill rapidly

but the dead one and the blennie was treated in a hospital tank, with antibiotics for 4 days and then a 10 day treatment with quick cure,...

clown seem normal and blennies gilling slowed down but when returned the clown started back almost immediately ill and labored breathing and turning pale after a few days,..

so something is in there,
all levels are on target and with addition of blennie and a we bit of overfeeding the nitrates are around 10-15 ppm rest 0

i did have calupra in there and it didn't look like it was going sexual but i pulled it out anyway,.. for lack of finding out what is going on here,.. clowns were there for over a year

blennie was purchased beginning of may 2009, nothing else was added

turbo, astreas and vibex snails... a few hermits,..

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
i forgot the anemone, and the featherduster are also in there
really need info with the 1 clown being gone the other seems to be a target now,..

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Fish parasites will die without a host and your other critters will not replace them as a host. 6-8 weeks is the norm, but you could go a full 90 days to be sure.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
The bacterial population will decline some, but can rebound much more easily and much quicker than any initial cycling period.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store