Managuense cichlid?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Roman09

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
I bought a managuense fish like 3 months or so ago. is gone through different color changes. It was about half in inch long when i got him so he was tiny..but he was off pale tanish with dark stripes and red eyes. hes now like 2in + really stalky, but now its color is yellow to orange. no stipes. Still has redish eyes. And occationally his fins turn black and he gets black spots in certain areas like the top of his head and other places. Im starting to think hes not a jag. If i knew how to post some pics i would but yea. Has anybody had a managuense and it was orange yellow at first??

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I use to own a managuense but he never showed any yellow or orange. If you want just put the link to your fish photo on here and I could get it to show up. This was my male.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Jags go through quite a color change as they mature. My male had lots of barring when young but now it's almost all gone.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Actually managuense looking pretty different at least to me then loisellei and freddy's now freddy males and loisellei males look almost identical but females are different. Its mentioned that it has turned yellow/orange versus the normal tan color of a managuense. So I would imagine its either a loisellei or freddy female cuz even my male loisellei at its current size isnt showing the yellow/orange colors like the one Jeff Rapps has displayed on his site yet. A pic would be great to have to identify your paticular parachromis.

Roman09

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
I use to own a managuense but he never showed any yellow or orange. If you want just put the link to your fish photo on here and I could get it to show up. This was my male.

You know his whole main color looks like this guys, just alot of orange sometimes. like that minus the black spotting

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Here's my male jag showing some nice colors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store