Titan Eze Metal Aquarium Double Stands

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Seems very reasonably priced if you need a double stand due to space restraints or those that at more into function then style. At 52 I'm just not all that crazy anymore about having to kneel down to do any kind of maintenance toy's or aquarium, not to mention your cabinet space is gone which will require special equipment placing considerations, unless you have only HOBs. It does however conjure up Ideas about single pump dual filtration with a wet/dry waterfall.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I officially hate this stand now. The legs won't go in and at the same time, they're stuck and won't come out either. I'm about to trash the stupid thing.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Have you called Dr Foster/Smith, they would probably know better if you have a defected unit or not? And could also verify that you need to hammer it together.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I don't know of Dr F&S would really know much about it.. I've found their customer service reps useless, and the stand itself is dropshipped.

I ended up taking a sledgehammer to it.. and people ask me why I keep one in my room. It worked (because sledgehammers solves everything), but I'll probably never trust another "Easy assembly" or "No tools required" claim again.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Slide or telescopic assembly with metal can be very unforgiving once its pushed together unlike wood or plastic that gives, steel its very strong and rigid creating lots of friction points making it a bear to take apart and the fact that the paint can make tolerances tight. When I work with steel I have to measure 3 times and still cut twice to get it right lol. Its pretty common.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I dug-up this ancient thread in my search, but does anyone have any recent input to share on these Titan EZE metal stands? I just ordered one for my (upcoming) 75g setup. It's the only metal stand I could find for a 75. They're $84.99 through DFS. Seems very tall @ 36"+ The next least expensive option was an Aquatic Fundamentals MDF stand, but those are more than double the cost of the Titan EZE.

I figure if they're intended to hold TWO 75g tanks, they gotta be sturdy.

FWIW, I've got an Aquatic Fundamentals stand under my 55g. It's nice for the price.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Hey Freshy
I have 2 of them for 20l and 29's
they aren't that tough to put together.
Like any metal stand that was painted or finished after they were made.. the paint makes the fit very tight.
I just used a dead blow hammer or a rubber mallet would work.
I only needed to tap the stands together after aligning the parts.. I suppose if you wanted to you could sand down the paint where the joint goes in but I found that wasn't needed.(it does fit cleaner if you do I did in on the second one just to see)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Thanks Ed!

I know we've talked about it in other threads, but the cost of stands is unreal. I know for a 75g, it's ~$85 for a metal one, ~$180 for laminated MDF and $400+ for a finished wood stand.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
you're welcome Joel

DIY is a result of the over priced stuff they sell.
these stands ,when on sale, are a pretty good buy.
mine are quite sturdy
btw when I purchased mine it was to replace some of the 'pressboard' type stands that fail over time.
I took the base off and the shelf off and they fit into these titan stands.. I use them on the bottom shelf of the stand to raise the bottom aquarium a couple inches..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store