My Frontosa Tank - Updated Setup's Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Hi Friends !

Just wanted to show you a few pics of my updated Frontosa tank.

Things Updated :

There is rock pile on either end, the one on the right is bigger (almost reaching the surface) and the one on the left is smaller.

Hidden behind the rock pile on the right side, are 2 huge clay pipes (each of which can easily house an adult male) and a clay pipe is also hidden behind the rock pile on the left.

Changed the substrate to black color.

Just wanted to request you friends to kindly have a look and please let me know your views...
Thanks a lot !
Regards and Care
Kush

DSC05463.JPG DSC05471.JPG DSC05477.JPG DSC05479.JPG

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I like it, Kush! The Fronts are growing and looking great, also.

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks a lot for the kind replies and for caring, Friends. Its a 50 Gallon - 4 feet tank... Thanks again !

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
How long do you intend to keep a group of Frontosa in a 50 gal tank? You should start saving for a 150 or better yet a 250! Males can get around a foot long and females will go 6"-8". And while Frontosa are very peaceful for large cichlids, the goodwill of an adult male does not extend to his brothers! Usually when they're adult they're kept 1 or 2 males with at least 5 or 6 females. That's alot of fish in a 150! Nice work on the tank though!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
How long do you intend to keep a group of Frontosa in a 50 gal tank? You should start saving for a 150 or better yet a 250! Males can get around a foot long and females will go 6"-8". And while Frontosa are very peaceful for large cichlids, the goodwill of an adult male does not extend to his brothers! Usually when they're adult they're kept 1 or 2 males with at least 5 or 6 females. That's alot of fish in a 150! Nice work on the tank though!
I believe Nagukush is aware of the requirements for an adult colony of frontosas and is working on an upgrade in the very near future ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store