Over active Bronze Corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mflint

Registered Member
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
We have just (last weekend) introduced 4 Bronze Corys to our fairly newly setup 36" tank, along with Neon Tetras, Black Widow Tetras, Mollies, Gouramis and Rasboras. In the shop the Corys were fairly active but all along the bottom of the tank and we thought that they would make an attractive addition to the base of our tank. However since getting them home they have done nothing but rush around all over the place, bashing in to other fish and generally being a pain in the neck. They feed well on the bottom of the tank but that is about the only time they spend there. The tank has several good sized plants in it and plenty of hiding places.

I would be grateful of any advice.

Pootspete

AC Members
Jul 26, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
members.tripod.com
Welcome to the board MFlint!

Your cories are doing just what cories do. I do not think you need to worry about them. As long as they are eating, you will be fine.

Enjoy them!

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
don't think you're alone in this :D

I have a school of six albino bronzes and they do all kinds of crazy stuff like that. I have one that will swim across the front of the tank at top speed and the bash into the glass on the other side. He sinks to the bottom and sees stars for a little while, but it really doesn't seem to hurt him. But I understand what you're talking about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store