flame tip anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

watchmanwilly

Registered Member
Jul 15, 2009
hello everyone i joined this as i am looking for some advice?? i purchased a new flame tip anenome gorgious lil guy a day after i got him home he shrivled up he has hardly any tenticals but he will still eat i have been feeding him shrimp i tryed to bring him back into the light but he seems to keep crawling under rocks or up in the corner of the tank were hes not getting to much light .... now i know the guy i bought him off of very well and i was there ehrn her was taken out of the tank so i know hes not damaged .... but we her got the little bugger 4 months ago it did the exact same thing to him looked like it was gonna die and crawled under rocks it hid so well for the longest time he thought it died and the fish ate it then one day it reapeared ... it is in a 24g aquapod 77 degrees salanity 1.023 water 8.2 so i dunno i'm lost hes very expensive and i would rather like to save him if i can if not then at least learn from a very costly mistake ! thankyou

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
In addition to the above, what other water parameters? Being as specific and detailed as possible will help out substantially.

watchmanwilly

Registered Member
Jul 15, 2009
flow is not to strong rather mild actually just a step up from the standard pump that comes with it lighting is 2, 34watt compacts one actinic and one white water is salt 1.023 cal is 440 ppm temp 77 lighting scheduale 10 hours 7:30 am to 5:30 pm alc water harness around 8.2 to 8.3 using bottled spring water no tap water ...20% water changes every ten to 14days no skimmer in the tank 17lbs indo live rock inverts(one fire shrimp, one cleaner shrimp , 5 astria snails 3 scasrlet hermits one tiger pistol shrimp one very small coco worm and of course my poor anemone witch i would very much like to nurse back to health) ...... corals(hammer coral 5 heads , peral bubble purplt tree leather 2 small zoes one orange one green kenya tree red brain two small purple flower pot corals yellow tree coral one orange ricortia mushroom , one green mushroom two purple a flame scallop one green candy cane coral)...fish(maroon clown, fire fish, yellow watchman , yellow blenny ..... here is a pic of the tank ... about a month ago befor i put the anemone and fish in ......http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=1854799&id=500807458

watchmanwilly

Registered Member
Jul 15, 2009
oh one other thing he hasn't ate now in two days there isn;t enough tenticals extended to grabe the food !! really getting worried !!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Can you get any pics of it?

FWIW, lighting sounds insufficient, especially with one white lamp and one actinic. Has the anemone actually attached to a location or is it just sitting in a spot?

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I don't see any anemones in the picture you provided. I see a bubble coral, a hammer coral and a colt coral.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
flow is not to strong rather mild actually just a step up from the standard pump that comes with it lighting is 2, 34watt compacts one actinic and one white water is salt 1.023 cal is 440 ppm temp 77 lighting scheduale 10 hours 7:30 am to 5:30 pm alc water harness around 8.2 to 8.3 using bottled spring water no tap water ...20% water changes every ten to 14days no skimmer in the tank 17lbs indo live rock inverts(one fire shrimp, one cleaner shrimp , 5 astria snails 3 scasrlet hermits one tiger pistol shrimp one very small coco worm and of course my poor anemone witch i would very much like to nurse back to health) ...... corals(hammer coral 5 heads , peral bubble purplt tree leather 2 small zoes one orange one green kenya tree red brain two small purple flower pot corals yellow tree coral one orange ricortia mushroom , one green mushroom two purple a flame scallop one green candy cane coral)...fish(maroon clown, fire fish, yellow watchman , yellow blenny ..... here is a pic of the tank ... about a month ago befor i put the anemone and fish in ......http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=1854799&id=500807458
I don't see any anemones in the picture you provided. I see a bubble coral, a hammer coral and a colt coral.

:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store