10 gallon semi-invert tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Well, I lost my last dwarf rasbora...:( so as my 10g stands it's currently a snail-only tank with 3 bridgesii (1 blue, 1 pink and purple striped, 1 yellow). I was thinking of getting maybe 1 more of the briggs (they have some really pretty olive-striped ones at my LFS) and I'm going to add some cherry shrimp (maybe 8?). I'd like to add some small fish too, but I'm not sure what, so suggestions on that would be welcome as well as suggestions for numbers of the shrimp and briggs to go with them. Also, is there anything special I have to do to breed the snails? Will the different color variations interbreed? Thanks in advance for replies!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
You can certainly add another diffusa (new name for Pomacea bridgesii). If you do plan to breed them, make sure you have both sexes. They should be at least 1.5 inches and above in shell diameter as most often at this size, they are already sexually matured. Try overfeeding them slightly with high protein based foods (no fish or shellfish). Avoid using fish and shellfish as their food or they will develop a taste in those and turn their cannibalistic tendencies towards each other even though this rarely happens. When doing a water change, the new water needs to be slightly warmer but keep your temperature consistent at 76 degrees Fahrenheit to avoid compromising their shell growth and lifespan.

If different color variations breed, the new generation inherits both their parents' colors. If you get other unusual colors, count the genetics from the previous generations (ancestors).

psyche

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
I have apple snails and cherry shrimp, they live very well with my pygmy corys, which are fun fish to have.

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
What about some killies, for fish? they're pretty small, and colorful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store