yay! my peppered cories are spawning again!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
yay!

my tank is ridiculously planted. im hoping some will be missed and i will see new cories. i will collect the ones i can see.

also, i feel like a perv watching them.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
they spawned about this time last year. they stopped when the fall started and didnt spawn all winter or spring. today, we noticed them ROMPING all over the tank. the peppereds seen to have stirred up the emeralds too.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Cool! Congrats! I left a few of my sterbai adults in my 75G pleco tank. And yesterday when I turned the lights on I caught sight of a baby sterbai. Even though I have a tank full of breeders, it's cool finding a surprise tank survivor!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
this looks like it was a trial run. they did this last year too. though it seemed last year it was one female at a time that was spawning, this year both females were enjoying the good times with the one male i have. poor little guy is probably exhausted. and although there was a lot of activity, i only saw a few eggs being laid. i know some got eaten, but the ones that are left are infertile save one. if all goes well, they should continue spawning today and tomorrow. then again i a couple of weeks (especially if my bf brings home more live blood worms). *shrugs* there were so few eggs, i left them alone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store