Chameleons and Turtles and Snakes, oh my!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chris Anderson

Reptile Keeper
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa, FL, USA
www.chameleonnews.com
As per Vicious_Fish's request, I thought I would post a few photos of some of my herps.

I actually don't have any other photos of my Parson's Chameleon (Calumma parsonii parsonii) uploaded currently but I like this pic of her tail:

Here is a true Fischer's Two-horned Chameleon (Kinyongia fischer). Interestingly, everything everyone calls Fischer's chameleons are actually not true Fischer's but one of several other species. True Fischer's are known from only 9 or so specimens:

High Casqued Chameleon (Trioceros hoehnelii):

Cameroon Mountain Two-horned Chameleon (Trioceros montium):

Four-horned Chameleon (Trioceros quadricornis quadricornis):

Veiled Chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus):

Madagascar Leaf Chameleon (Brookesia stumpffi):

Green Pygmy Chameleon (Rhampholeon viridis):

Rosette-nosed Chameleon (Rhampholeon spinosus):

Montane Pygmy Chameleon (Rhampholeon acuminatus):

Doria's Angleheaded Lizard (Gonocephalus doriae):

Voi Wedge-snouted Wormlizard (Geocalamus acutus):

Boelen's Python (Morelia boeleni):

Indian Spotted Pond Turtle (Geoclemys hamiltonii):

Fly River Turtle (Carettochelys insculpta):

Matamata Turtle (Chelus fimbriatus):

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics!

Chris

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Outstanding photos of some unusual herps!

I really like the python - but must admit "I want one" was not the first thing to cross my mind when seeing the wormlizard.

How "touchy" are those chameleons?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Wow, great assortment of herps Chris! I love all the cham species, especially the T. montium. I'm a sucker for reptiles with sail-backs (I use to breed 2 species of Basilisks). And you have a G. hamiltonii, I'm very jealous! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Nora

AC Members
Feb 5, 2009
:y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e: :y220e:

Wow!! And a great big THANK YOU!

Gorgeous collection and fabulous pictures.
While I'm suitably impressed by the species variety, and quite impressed at the picture quality, very impressed at the apparent health of the animals and there quality of care: I am stunned by the combination of all three with so many individuals clearly getting so much attention on so many levels.

:worthy:

:popcorn:

Last edited:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
worm lizard is insane looking

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Your "Doria's Angleheaded Lizard (Gonocephalus doriae)" is my favoritee out of ur pics that is one cool looking lizard. Never seen one before love that Fly River Turtle as well. Awesome herps u got.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i agree. the the turtle is definatly fly. i wish there was a mini version that i could keep.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
i agree. the the turtle is definatly fly. i wish there was a mini version that i could keep.

Ummmm the turtle is called a Fly River Turtle I wasnt saying fly as in cool there was no slang involved in my email. Yes it would be cool if there was a smaller version of them but guess thats what makes them unique only pure aquatic freshwater turtle known to man its just like its salt water cousins.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hey Chris what size tank do you got that Fly River Turtle in??? He looks happy and looks like he has alot of space to roam.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store