15 gallon tang tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
im going to set up a 15 gallon tang tank with the attention of a couple fish, i want some shellis or some other fish, i like caudopunctatus, and i like brevis, or brichadi and i would like to know if i could have 1 pair of thoughs, or if it is posibal to have 2 pair of different species, or if there are any othere type i could have, thank you for your help

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
a pair of caudopuncts can be kept by themselves in a 15. i had mine in a 10 for awhile. i group of brevis would work. no brichardis, they need at least 30g for a pair. you could keep J. trans depending on the demensions of your tank.

you could keep just about any species of shell dweller in this size tank.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
when you say a groop of brevis how many is that

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
k what about 2 pair of caudopuncts

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
NO! definatly not. im serious when i say nothing and i mean absolutly nothing can be with them when they are in such a small place and are breeding. they are extremely territorial and in a small tank will "own" all of it. they "own" about 2/3 of my 55g and they bite the crap out of anything that comes near their area. 1 pair would be it for 15g definatly.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Agreed only one pair of Caudopunct's my breeding pair would drive off grown Lelupi and Cylindricus and they were in a 120gal they owned the left side corner bottom also is the reason i just traded them big attitude in such a small fish..

Possible stocking for a 15gal..

6 Lamprologus Multifasciatus only nothing else..
or
5 Lamprologus Brevis Kavala only nothing else..
or
2 to 3 Neolamprologus Caudopunctatus only nothing else..
or
2 to 3 Julidochromis Transcriptus only nothing else..

Do not add Brichardi's not enough tank space..

Some more cool shellies will be L. Ornatipinnis, L. Occelatus, L. Meleagris, Lepidiolamprologus hecqui.. But only in pairs or trio's..

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
so thats why you traded them. hmm. i may have to trade mine. ive been thinking of selling them at the next auction but i know i wont get much for them seeing as i cant say that they have actually spawned (i havnt seen it) but they are pair bonded.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Well they would only get really aggressive when they were breeding but really the reason was i really wanted some paracyps plus i was worried i would find them dead..

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
yeah i worry about mine killing their smaller tankmates. which is almost everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store