My first SW tank wooo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jessie55

AC Members
Mar 21, 2009
So this is my first SW tank it is 20 gallons for now...

i have
30 gal aquaclear filter
Remora skimmer
koralia 1 and nano
17lbs live rock
Winston the Clownfish

im kind of curious if i maybe have a little too much current in there let me know what you think of my tank.
thanks

b19fish

AC Members
Aug 20, 2007
Maui
I dont know that much about salt water tanks but that looks awesome love Winston very handsome do you have any other plans for the stock list.

jessie55

AC Members
Mar 21, 2009
not really sure probably a goby or a blennie for sure maybe a pistol shrimp and goby to go together who knows

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
You definately don't have too much current in there, looks like your off to a good start. I'd some kind of backing so you can't see the equipment behing the tank.

jessie55

AC Members
Mar 21, 2009
yah thats on my to do list....im tempted to get some zoanthids how long should i wait?

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Nice start ! How long has the tank been set up ? By the looks of it it's not been that long. I'd leave it as it is for a month or two and see how things go. You'll most likely go through the usual cycling phases....cyno, algae, diatoms...etc. Wait till all that passes and then look around for some additions. I think a goby/shrimp combination would be a great idea ! Also, look around your area and see if there are any active reef clubs around. They are a great source of information and used equiptment at great prices...not to mention coral frags.

Have fun !

jessie55

AC Members
Mar 21, 2009
its been about two and a half weeks and i definately went through a huge diatom bloom so i bought 9 smaller hermits and they cleaned it in the course of a few days what should i expect next is there a typical order that these blooms happen. on another note coraline seems to be poping up all over as well as a some green colours, red and a greenish blue as well.

i really appreciate the advice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store