clown/damsel breeding setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fl4ian

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
i'm not an engineer, but I would a) put the cinders longways, and b) add additional cinders.

i am also jealous of the space you have there! :)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
i'm not an engineer, but I would a) put the cinders longways, and b) add additional cinders.

I would also put the blocks long ways...as though you are building a wall..As i was aware ( i might be wrong on this ), cinder blocks are designed to be long ways, I.E holes top to bottom, not side too side. This is the way they can provide maximum support / strength..

scootrnerd

just another average loser
Jan 5, 2008
florida
www.myspace.com

what is really funny is that i am! i have my masters in mechanical engineering.

hahahahaha i also worked at a pre cast/pre fab concrete plant for 6 years in
the QC department. these bricks are tested up 800 psi of pressure both ways. i am going to add more bricks and turn them on their side. i only had 5. if you stack two on each other they are not the same hieght as one on its end. this was mainly for pic purposes. :)

asting

Registered Member
Aug 17, 2009
wow very nice. Both damsels and clowns are going to be bred in batches in this? is each brood going to get it's own tank?
There is a website for clowns:
www.breedclownfish.com

I did some research on that because I plan on breeding my false percs if i get the chance. Should be a good way to trade for some frags :p

Also, you probably know, but you need a few brine shrimp hatcheries, and a rotifer setup and then something to feed the rotifers. I know, it gets ridiculous :p.

Other than that, you're looking good. Fantastic build quality. If you're set on the sump, then keep at it, however a popular way to filter is a sponge filter. They're very inexpensive and don't suck in the fry. It also allows rotifers to collect on the sponge.
Godo luck, and keep us updated.

texasguy

AC Members
May 13, 2009
any updates???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store