Mudskipper, Puffer, or Anything Else?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WHICH ONE, /AN/ I MEAN AC

• Get a mudskipper, bro. The fact that it will spend more time on land means you don't have to worry a

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Get a puffer fish. Regardless of all the suffering you are going through trying to start up this tan

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • NOBODY LIKES YOU LOL YOU ARE FISH KILLER GO KILL YERSULF EAT TEH GLASS OF YOUR TANK NOBODY LIKES YOU

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I agree with the dude above. Go for something easier to keep, regardless of you having done a year's

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Go jump in pelican ****.

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
I'm burned out from trying to setup the puffer tank. I haven't messed with it in a few days, I just did a test, and I'm also worried about the tank collapsing again. I HAVE been trying to get a mudskipper for 17 months and I am confident that I can get one ordered in. So what should I do with my 20 gallon tank?

Last edited:

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Are you in China?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Get a mudskipper, bro. The fact that it will spend more time on land means you don't have to worry about the water as much.
I'm still confused as to why you think you don't need to worry about water quality for mudskippers. If anything, the lesser volume of water means you need to watch it MORE, not less.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
I'm still confused as to why you think you don't need to worry about water quality for mudskippers. If anything, the lesser volume of water means you need to watch it MORE, not less.
K. I just thought you won't have to worry about the water parameters if the mudskipper will be out of the water frequently. So wat do with 20 gallon tank

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Go FW. It will be easier to keep than brackish, and less expensive. You say you've researched for a year, yet you really don't seem to understand how to set up a brackish tank.

heavyhammer

Fish Pimp
Jul 20, 2009
WINNIPEG
What did you mean about your tanf collapsing. You could keep a figure 8 puffer in a 20g.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Here is a question. Do they sell mudskippers in the fish market as food? Why don't you try that instead of trying to import one.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Here is a question. Do they sell mudskippers in the fish market as food? Why don't you try that instead of trying to import one.
I'm trying to look at that, but I don't think there are any markets that sell mudskipper in my area. And they're probably not the species I want.

lol@ someone voting go jump in pelican ****

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
mudskipperfan if you want mudskippers check franks aquarium they seem to always have good stock

im still saying go with the puffer you wont have to worry about water as much plus with mudskippers you need to clean the above surface part and the underwater part. just like any predator they poo alot and in the small water volume you will need to clean alot. you have studied alot but have you kept other brackish fish you say fresh water but brackish is slightly different. as your first brackish fish i say no to the mudskipper try a tank of knight gobys or bumblebee gobys or the puffer you want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store